Adams' 2020-21 Resident Pre-Med/Pre-Health Tutors: Rumbi Mushavi (Co-Lead), Varnel Antoine (Co-Lead), Chelsea Messinger, Richard Newcomb, and Emiliano Valle (NRT Lead)
Welcome to the Adams House Pre-Med/Pre-Health advising team! We are here to support Adams students who are interested in careers in the health professions. Many students will utilize our support when they apply to medical school, and we also encourage all students to think about the many ways they can become health care providers, like nursing, dentistry, becoming a physicians' assistant, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, and more. Whatever your interests, please feel free to email email@example.com to set up a meeting with one of the Tutors.
Every year, students interested in the health professions are strongly encouraged to fill out the pre-med/pre-health info form. We send this form out in the fall of each year so please look out for it. If you still have not heard from us by December, please reach out to let us know! When you are ready to apply to medical school, please fill out our annual Intent to Apply form, which is sent out each spring.
If you are a graduating senior and think you might apply sometime in the future and want to make sure that you do not miss these emails, please email our mailing list before graduation and we will make sure we keep you on our list to reach out to each year.
Please Subscribe: Subscribe to our mailing list here
Below, please find several important documents from last year’s application cycle. We will be sending these out each year to the pre-med students that we know of, but they are here for your reference:
- Fall 2020 Meeting Handout *Updated 10/19/20*: an overview of Adams Premed Advising
- Spring 2020 Applicant Meeting Handout: important information for those planning to apply in the upcoming cycle with important deadlines
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 22, 2021
- How to ask for letters of recommendation
- Waiver for letters of recommendation (also included in premed packet)- SEND THIS WAIVER TO RECOMMENDERS
- MCAT percentiles
- Fill Out Intent to Apply form (***2021 applicants only***) Due February 22, 2021
- Complete premed packet, GPA worksheet by Monday, March 22, 2021
Letters of recommendation due April 5, 2021 (former Professors) or May 24, 2021 (current professors)
- Submit to email@example.com
- Review the OCS "Navigating the 2021 Medical School Application Cycle Document"
- Subscribe to the OCS Medical School Applicant Listserv using a harvard.edu address (@college, @post, or @alumni.harvard.edu)
- Personal Statement
- Interview Preparation & Sample Questions
- MD/PhD Pathways
- Additional Health Careers
Please see the OCS Premedical Website for more information
Again, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!